Guy Clark is a country music singer-songwriter. Born in 1941 in Monahans (Texas, United States). His early influences were the music and songs you heard his childhood in Texas Hispanic. He is married to composer and artist Susanna Clark. Also works as a luthier.
Guy Clark achieved success as a composer with the songs “L.A. Freeway” and “Desperados Waiting For A Train” which recorded Jerry Jeff Walker. Musicians like Johnny Cash, Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs, Steve Wariner and Rodney Crowell They have recorded his songs. Emmylou Harris has accompanied Clark in some recordings, for example in the version Clark made his Old No. 1 (1975), album which featured Steve Earle song “Desperados Waiting For A Train”.
Guy has been a mentor to singers such as Steve Earle and Rodney Crowell. It was he who introduced Earle as composer in Nashville (Texas). In the 1970s, Guy and Susanna opened the doors of his house for young composers and musicians from the scene of Nashville, which they emphasized as seen in the documentary Heartworn Highways (1981).
* 1 Discography
o 1.1 Albums
o 1.2 Live albums and compilations
o 1.3 Split
* 2 Filmography
* Old No. 1 (RCA, 1975).
* Texas Cookin’ ‘ (RCA, 1976).
* Guy Clark (Warner, 1978).
* On The Road Live (Warner, 1979). Promotional CD.
* The South Coast of Texas Warner (1981).
* Better Days (Warner, 1983).
* Old Friends Sugar Hill (1988).
* Boats to Build (Asylum, 1992).
* Dublin Blues (Asylum, 1995).
* Cold Dog Soup Sugar Hill (1999).
* The Dark Sugar Hill (2002).
* Workbench Songs (Dualtone, 2006).
Live albums and compilations
* Guy Clark. Greatest Hits (RCA, 1983). Greatest hits compilation.
* Keepers (Sugar Hill, (1997) live disk.)
* Together at the Bluebird Cafe American Originals (2001). (Live album along with Townes Van Zandt and Steve Earle)
* Heartworn Highways (Snapper, 1981). Documentary about the scene Nashville Townes Van Zandt, David Allan Coe or Steve Earle appear in that country. The documentary released on DVD in 2003 Catfish.